mandag den 29. juli 2013

STELLAQ&A - BUNDGAARDN I E L S E N

Text: Line Jarde

Stella Magazine had a chat with the Danish fashion designer Mette Julie Bundgaard Nielsen, whos behind the amazing couture brand BUNDGAARDN I E L S E N  
BUNDGAARDN I E L S E N create high quality performing design, based on aesthetic sustainability and neo modernism.  During the Copenhagen fashion week,                
BUNDGAARDN I E L S E N will exhibit her Couture exhibition - KUBIK, at the tradefair    
DEFINING SCANDINAVIA   in Øksnehallen - 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013





What are you working on at the moment?

A: 
An exiting venture visit from Japan.
A big Nordic Expo with my sustainable couture – travelling 4 nordic countries over the next 2 years..
The couture exhibition KUBIK, launching at the Copenhagen Fashion Week in collaboration with Defining Scandinavia.
The new ready to wear collection.

How would you describe your design?
A:
BUNDGAARDN I E L S E N is a women wears label focusing on
creating high quality design based on and neo-modernism, aesthetic sustainability and craftsmanship.

What inspires you?
A:
I am inspired by the arts, philosophy, history, people, nature and so on.
But there is one general approach to all this that inspires me and that is contrasts and contradictions, and I often tend to work in the schism of this two-phased paragraph of:
How simple can you make it? vs. how complex does it have to be?

What did you want to be when you grew up?

A:
A butcher or a lawyer.

Why ? 
Butcher because I loved raw meat as a child, and a Lawyer because I loved the piece suits uniforms they are in habit of wearing.

I guess this early love for the piece suit has played a big part in me becoming a fashion designer. I still have a great love for the classic suit, the details, craftsmanship behind and the beautiful materials used.

Who are your heroes and why?

A:
The little Pakistan girl Malala, which stood up for equal rights of education, and got shot by the Taliban.
I absolutely despise injustice and therefore I find her work so important and courageous, and I hope she will receive the Nobel prize.


What are your future projects?
A:
I am working on ideas for the next couture collection, and I am quite exited about it. I want to involve even more hand made crafts into my work,
for example weaving and embroidery.

Another future plan is working towards getting more established in a international context.

Also I want to make a project with Cindy Sherman.

What is the most beautiful thing you can think of?

A:
My son and big love Marlon. 

What is your best summer memories from your childhood?

A:
I have many good summer memories, but what comes into mind, is a summer night drive under the starring sky.
Me laying in the back of the car with my sister sleeping next to me, while my mother was driving.
I loved seeing the stars and city lights pass by in the dark as I listened to the quiet humming of the car.

What is your favorite dessert and why?

A:
Freshly handpicked strawberrys. That is the perfect summer dessert.






Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar