onsdag den 31. juli 2013

STELLAQ&A - JEWELLERY DESIGNER - NINNA YORK







She likes to soften the clean Nordic design with a feminine touch and combines it to rawness in a delicate way. Stella magazine had the pleasure to meet the talented danish jewellery designer - NINNA YORK! 






We asked her a few things... 

Whats on your mind to day? 
I have a lot on my mind right now, my exhibition next week and a big family birthday this weekend. But I like it that way, keeps me going!

(During the fashion week next week, NINNA YORK will have her exhibition at CIFF)

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm working on the last pieces from my latest collection, witch I'm presenting for the first time at the Danish Fashion Week this August, so i'm a bit busy at the moment.


What inspires you?
Often my inspiration comes from jewellery I've already made -a small detail from one piece can give me inspiration to a new one.



How would you describe your design?
That's so hard putting in to words, but I guess; impetuously, feminine and timeless





What did you want to be when you grew up?
Self imployed with something creative :) 


Who are your heroes and why?
My heroes are the people around me, friends and family. It may sound corny, but I could never do what I do without them.


What are your future projects?
I would love to make an entire collection consisting of showpieces. Big and advanced jewellery, maybe not that wearable more like art sculptures.



What is the most beautiful thing you can think of?

Besides babies and sunrises, a long and happy life :)


What is your best summer memories from your childhood? 
Playing on my street with my friends throwing water balloons and staying up late in the bright danish summer nights. Luckily I have a lot of those kind of memories.


What is your favorite drink and why? 
Now that's tough! It would be a close rase between red wine, beer and a variety of cocktails... 

Text: Line Jarde











1 kommentar: