onsdag den 21. august 2013

STELLAQ&A met the talented Julie Broegger, who is Head Designer of Preen By Thornton Bregazzi

Preparations for the London Fashion Week has started  and for the British brand Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, witch is known for their beautiful prints, simplicity, and slouchy-futuristic elegance, is it not an exception.
I caught the Head Designer for Preen, Julie Broegger last week, in the middle of her preparations for the Preen fashion show, which they will exhibit on the 15th of September, during London Fashion Week.
  The Danish beauty and hardworking designer moved to London after she finished her degree from The Royal danish academy of fine arts. 



Hey Julie, 

What’s on your mind to day?
that there is less than a month to Preen LFW show. Where did the summer go?
What are you working on at the moment?
SS14 show collection. I'm really exited about, think we're onto something very special
What inspires you and why?
Mostly people, great friends. But also a few favourite museums like TATE Modern, V & A Museum, Louisiana Kunst Museum, Statens Museum for Kunst, are all some I return to for inspiration.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
Someone that spends her days with horses. My life was all about horses gowing up, and some of my best friends are still from that time.
Are you in Love?
Very much so. :) 
What time of the day is your favorite?
 Definitely mornings. I love mornings, I wake up very early so I have lots of time for a good breakfast and a long walk with our dog Preben, and a fresh coffee from my local Italian. Then it can only be a good day
What is your best summer memories from your childhood?
Going to Hven, a small island in Øresund. It is one of my favorite places. I was just there a weeks ago when I was home on holiday. I hadn't been there for 5 year so it was a nostalgic trip back to childhood. Biking around the island with my dad, stopping for pick and mix sweets and then dinner on my parents boat watching the sunset over Nordsjaelland. To me me that is summer perfection.
What is your favourite dessert and why?
uhh... I'm a kid's sweets person. Don't care about cakes and ice creams. But scandinavian sweets makes me feel truly happy, well at least till the sugar buzz is over... I guess it must be linked to childhood memories as well, spending my pocket money on candy on a Saturday

 Where do you get your energy from?
Judging from above, sweets... But apart from that creativity and inspiration is what gives me energy. If I get into an idea I'll work on it non stop. I truly think creativity is a powerful drug. I think this is why I love what I do so much. It gives me a high every day
What do you dream about?
 Right now there is no time for the big beautiful dreams, so it is mostly about that hour after the show where everything went well (knock on wood) and the whole team is relieved and happy and go for a nice meal.
What makes you laugh?
My dog's slight overbite, my boyfriend dancing hip hop, and every single one of my friends. Danish satire Lex og Klatten still make me cramp up too.... (my sense of humour hasn’t evolved since the 90s apparently)

What is your favorite place in Copenhagen?
because I live in London my favorite place is where ever my friends are. When I'm in Copehagen they and my family are the most important thing and where doesn’t matter. 





Preen by Thornton Bregazzi
RTW Fall 2013





Thank you, Julie :) 



                                                                  - Line Jarde -

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar