onsdag den 7. august 2013

STELLAQ&A - VITAMIN PILLS AND DRAWINGS - AMANDA LILHOLT


She loves to try new drawing techniques, she´s fascinated by Bauhus and finds inspiration in the everday life and life's little quirks. 
Keep a good eye on the talented Amanda Lilholt,  she goes to The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. 
StellaQ&A met her in Copenhagen for at small chat...



Hello Amanda, how are you to day?
 Im feeling great, I enjoy my holidays so much.

 What´s on your mind to day?
 I really enjoy my holidays, and then I look forward to begin in school again, we are going to have a lot of exciting projects next year. I also look forward to exhibit at the FindersKeepers event in September and besides that I have some other exiting project that i´m working on.

What are you working on at the moment?
 I just become a member of a gallery called 42Gallery, which I might do an exhibition with. But it´s still in progress. 
 Besides that, am I working on two different print collections, one called "faceless" and the other will be called "Vpill prints" which stands for vitamin pill. I did some experiments and painted with vitamin pills, which was incredibly fun.  
I like to try new methods, new techniques.

How would you describe your style?
Unconventional.
I think I see qualities in things that others might not see anything in. I always start my process analog and turn it to digital.


 Do you have a favorite room or a secret place?
We have a rooftop at art school, where you can see Copenhagen Opera on your left hand and the entire Copenhagen on the right. It's fantastic and very inspiring place to draw.

What is the most beautiful thing you can think of?
Love between two people. Love is really important to keep in mind. I think it's important to follow your heart and your gut feeling.

 What inspires you and why?
People around me inspires me. My friends, family and the city I live in - Copenhagen. Otherwise just my everyday life, sometimes inspiration comes without me thinking about it again.
But yes people and personalities inspire me a lot. I am fascinated by people who are good at what they do.

What is your favourite time of the day?
I'm never awake quite early in the morning, but the times I have, I think it's absolutely fantastic. There is so quiet and peaceful and I get quiet to think my thoughts finished without any interrupts one. Elles is my favorite time of the afternoon. I love to take a coffee break at 3-4 time and chill a little before school or work continues

What did you want to be when you grew up?
haha.. I wanted to play football, I'm very much a tomboy. I have a twin brother and an older brother that I have stumbled around and would contribute to what they were doing.

What is your favorite dessert and why?
I am not a dessert girl, and I do not like sweets. It's probably a little weird.
But if I had to choose a dessert, would I prefer a chocolate raw cake.  I'm kind of health freak,  which comes from my parents.








  

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar