mandag den 5. august 2013

StellaQ&A - We met the new fashion talent Mathilde Maalouf





She finds her inspiration from art, architecture. Good craftsmanship and high level of ambition, are the key words behind the new talented designer, Mathilde Maalouf. During the Copenhagen Fashion Week  next week, Mathilde Maalouf will participate at the Designer´s NEST


Mathilde Malouf participate in the gone further in Muuse x Vogue talent contest and just got further in it.
Please give here your vote here.


Stella had a chat with her...

What are you working on at the moment?
At the moment I’m focus on to end my MA-project. I have been exhibiting at koldinghus, had a show at Børsen  and been chosen to participate in designers nest during Copenhagen fashion week.
Besides that there is so mush that needs to be done: homepage, portfolio. Future carrier planning and so on.


How would you describe your design?
My design reflects an appreciation of details, god craftsmanship and clean, minimalistic silhouettes. 


What inspires you?
My mane inspiration is mostly other artist: Photographers, painters, architects ect. Who have an aesthetic that speak directly to me.
Materials in general inspires me a lot. I find it interesting and rewarding in a design process to experiment with and be challenged by the material, as these experiments often bring the detail or quality that makes the design unique, exciting and forward-thinking. 



What did you want to be when you grew up?
Working with baby animals in a residential or zoo.
I have a soft spot for baby animals, I don’t think I would be really good at the job, so it’s perfect for the animals that I chose to study and work with fashion instead.


Who are your heroes and why?
Rebekka Bay has been my hero for a while now. She was the former Creative director at COS in London, where I did my internship at in 2011 and where I meet her the first time. Then for a short period she was Creative director at Bruuns Bazaar and now she is at GAP in New York.
She is really good at what she do, and its really learnful and rewarding to be around her. 

What are your future projects?
For now my future project is to get a job as a designer. Learn how to work with fashion in ”the real world”. The ultimate goal for the future is to start my own brand ”Mathilde Maalouf”


What is the most beautiful thing you can think of?
My son Frej,  and when I sleep peacefully in his bed next to him.  


What is your best summer memories from your childhood? 
African dance and music festival called “Utamaduni” on Djursland together with my mom and my siblings. 

What is your favorite moment of the day and why? 
My favorite moment of the day is when I put Frej to bed, and I can lean back, sit with my computer and just surf around and do nothing specific. 






Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar